This small country house, part 1630 and part 1820, south of Tarporley was in dire need of careful refurbishment and love. The hallway and landing were opened up to create a part timbered galleried stair. The heart of the house is a light filled kitchen diner created from a low ceilinged room and a narrow galley kitchen, by lowering the floor level and removing a redundant chimney, the result is a room which retains its character but meets the demands of a modern family with wonderful views of the walled garden. Casements of original windows were upgraded to double glazed units and the house has been well insulated but still retains it’s characterful history.
Architecture and Interiors by RBD.